Borough of Bromley
Beckenham is located in the London Borough of Bromley and is bordered by Bromley, Shortlands, and West Wickham. Beckenham has many high performing schools and excellent transport links to central London, making it popular with families and professionals alike.
Did you know?
- David Bowie's first performance was at the Three Tuns which is now currently known as Zizzi's restaurant.
- The Chinese garage in Beckenham is built in a pagoda style and is now a listed building, it is one of the most well known landmarks in Beckenham.
- All buildings in the area have remained visually unchanged from 1897.
- The beautiful mansion of Beckenham Place Park dates back to the 1700s and is open to the public daily as an arts, cultural and community centre.
- The lychgate at St. George’s Church is reputed to be the oldest in England – dating back to 13th Century.
Look out for
Kelsey Park – Public park featuring a large lake and a great variety of wildlife
Odeon Cinema – Large cinema showing blockbuster films
The Band Stand – Situated in Beckenham Recreation Park, this iconic bandstand is where David Bowie held the first free festival in the UK
Beckenham Place Park – Large park surrounding Beckenham Place Mansion, where many different events are held
Beckenham High Street is still currently village style with independently owned shops.
Nearby, The Glades shopping centre in Bromley offers a huge amount of 135 high street stores including Zara, H&M, Apple, Boots, Debenhams and much more.
Q Bar and Kitchen – Serving good coffee and breakfast in the morning, and handmade cocktails and elegant meals in the evening
Chai Naasto – Colourful, family run, Indian street food restaurant
Sea Salt – A contemporary and formal seafood restaurant
500 Degrees Pizzeria – A simple restaurant serving authentic Italian pizza
Em & Lou’s Kitchen – A great independent cafe for breakfast and brunch
La Rascasse – Parisian restaurant serving traditional brasserie favorites
Kelsey House – A trendy bar serving a wide range of handmade cocktails, craft beer and street food
Bridge Bar – Lively cocktail bar and club
The George Inn – Traditional pub serving great cask ales and homely comfort food
Time – A modern bar with special events and VIP packages
A mixture of Victorian and Edwardian properties along with 1930s semi and detached houses, and modern purpose built flats. Sought after areas include Langley Park, Cator Park, Clock House, and Beckenham Place Park.
Beckenham Junction to London Victoria in 23 minutes
Beckenham Junction to London Bridge in 36 minutes
Clock House to London Charing Cross in 29 minutes
Clock House to London Cannon Street in 28 minutes
Beckenham Hill to London Blackfriars in 29 minutes
The Croydon Tramlink passes through Beckenham and there are also various frequent bus routes.